Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Family for Thanksgiving

I dont know what we were thinking we moved into our home and had two weeks to get settled before Thanksgiving and i think because we were so excited to be in a home agian we thought it would be a great idea to invite people for thanksgiving. So we started out signing up to feed the missionaries and inviting Uncle Paul and Aunt Patti for dinner. We then invited Adams parents to come up if they wanted to come. And why not keep inviting and invite Sarah and Lance and there family also. It would be a houseful but im sure it would be fun and it was! This is the first time in the 8 years that we have been married anyone has come to our home for Thanksgiving and we had a houseful. But it was fun and we had lots of delicious food. I would do it agian in a heartbeat.

Adams parents came up earlier in the week and brough Natalie and Brooke with them. Anne and I spent the week in the kitchen making just about anything you could think of christmas candies, pies, dinners etc. It was so nice to be able to spend some time with her. Tom and Adam entertained boys and talked about gardens, played with there phones etc. Natalie helped Anne and I in the kitchen cooking, baking etc. And we all enjoyed having a toddler in the house agian.

The day before Thanksgiving Sarah and Lance's family came up and we celebrated Hunters 6th birthday. The boys could hardly stand the wait for the Milners to arrive and when they finally got there Thomas, Noah and Hunter were inseperable. I thnk that they will be buddies for life.

Thanksgiving day Uncle Paul and Aunt Patti came up and the missionaries came for dinner we had a houseful but it was so fun to be around so many people that we love.

The day after thanksgiving everyone left and our house was quite. We were all tired from all the excitement. But we look forward to the next time people come to visit.

I feel very blessed to be lucky enough to marry into a family that is so wonderful. It is always fun to get together no matter how long the trip is. I love my family all of them and look forward to the times we get to spend together. So who is coming next year?

No comments: