Monday, October 27, 2008

What really goes on when mom is away...

Saturday morning I got up and had planned to go to the Super Saturday at the church. I figured it would be a great time to get to get to know some of the other sisters in the ward. That and it would give me a little bit of Heather time away from the kids. So I got up and headed out. It was a fun day there were lots of crafts going on and a class to learn how to make Canoli's, which were very yummy but in my opinion you might as well just eat the yummy insides by itself instead of in the shell. I was gone a good part of the morning and decided I should head home to my family. As I pulled into the driveway I thought to myself hmmmmm I wonder what the damage is going to look like when I go in there. As I get closer to the door I hear Adam telling Thomas he better get back up stairs and get into bed he was in trouble. This is a good indication its not going to be good when I open the door. So I open the door and ask what happened.....well to make a long story short this is what I found.





Sorry for the glare in the picture but if you cant tell this is the desk....with beautiful artwork colored with PERMENANT marker.

So I called Thomas down stairs to help me clean it off. I asked him why he was in trouble and his response was cause I wrote on the desk. I then asked him if he thought that made Mommy and Daddy happy...he said No. I asked him if he knew what he was suppose to write on and he said paper or a coloring book. I asked where he got the marker to draw on the desk his response.....Noah found it!

So anyways at somepoint in the day Adam found the boys drawing there pretty pictures on the desk was upset and sent them to there bed.....Noah knew he was in trouble and went right up stairs and went to sleep. Thomas knew he was in trouble but wasnt going to have anything to do with the nap.

As I was asking Thomas different questions and telling him that we dont write on the furniture we only write/color/ draw on paper or in coloring books I decided to ask Thomas about the picture that he drew.

This is what he had to say.


These are train tracks that the train travels down.




The 3 little guys in the middle are the Imagination Movers. The one on the top is the Imagination Movers spider. He is going to get the Imagination movers and eat them for dinner. If you cant tell they are all in a boat. And the little thing on the left hand corner is the boat dinarder??? (Incase you dont know what that is) It was there to rescue people and boys and protects them from the bears!


Yes it is super cute art work I only wish it was done on paper so we could hang it on the fridge or keep in a scrapbook. But no it was drawn on the desk. I asked Adam if he had tried to get it off his response no its permanent marker. So what did i do about it. First I took a picture so i could blog about it. Then i got a wet rag and a magic eraser and i gave Thomas the wet rag and said start scrubbing you dont get to leave until the desk is cleaned up. Then I gave Adam the Magic eraser and said start scrubbing you dont get to leave until the desk is cleaned up. And I must say with a little bit of elbow grease and the wonderful magic eraser....the desk has only a few traces of wonderful artwork left.

By the way Noah woke up shortly after it was all cleaned up. You could tell he wasnt sure if he should show his face or not he sat at the top of the stairs and you would hear a ocassional *thump* as he would scoot his little bottom to the next stair. As he got to the bottom of the stairs he just stood there and looked around like is it ok to be down here? Then as i called him over I asked him what was wrong his response "Me in trouble for coloring on the furniture."

Needless to say we have had many many talks about what they can color/write/ or draw on. I love that they like to express there creative sides with artwork. I just hope in the future its not on the furniture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ok I know I would be upset if my kids drew on our furniture, but seeing your blog about it, it seems so sweet, he had such a cute story to go along with the art work. Good job bustin out with the magic eraser!

Sarah Milner said...

Nice art work! If only that would be the worst thing they do in life. We have had plenty of masterpieces like yours (especially from Hunter). You will have to look at our garage wall when you come to visit next time. It is a permanent part of the garage!